Monday, November 17, 2008

Huckebien commission

This is a commission for someone I met on gamerabaenre forum. The robot is the Huckebien MK-I from the Super Robot Wars video game, made by Kotobukiya.

The design is very similar to a Gundam. The resin is of very nice quality. There are a few pin holes on the casting. The only major problems I encountered are the wings. They are constructed by gluing two halves together. However, the resin had warped a little so they requires some coercing to mate the two together. However, that leaves quite a bit of seam lines around the wings, which have to be removed by putty and sanding.
Photobucket


The second problem is the shoulder joints. This kits includes sets of ball joints to make the completed kit movable. However, the shoulder joints houses two ball joints closely that connects the body to the shoulder and the shoulder to the upper arms. The small space allowed simply can not take both of them. I used a smaller ball joints for the connection to the body. This leaves a surrounding void that is filled by epoxy putty.
Photobucket

The sanding of the puttied surface is a bit ugly, so I made a ring details to go around the exposed ball socket.
Photobucket

I was not sure if the owner have a specific color scheme in mind, so I painted the cannon first.
Photobucket

No comments: